Through the use of Castle's Smart Sense technology, the position of the rotor is always known by the ESC. This eliminates the possibility of encountering cogging or inconsistency during startup, and allows the 1406 to deliver PRECISE throttle control and BUTTERY SMOOTH starts - with the RAW POWER and LONGER RUN TIMES that Castle motors are known for
EFFICIENCY IS KEY
The higher the efficiency of a motor the more power it can produce without overheating, which allows you to safely run higher gear ratios. The higher the efficiency of a motor, the less power it takes to produce the same output power, which allows you to run longer on a single charge. The higher the efficiency of the motor, the less energy it turns into heat; keeping it cool under extreme loads. Efficiency equals performance.
RELIABILITY CAN’T BE IGNORED
Without a robust and reliable design, efficiency will only go so far. The Castle engineers know this and spared no expense when developing a design that could hold up to the harsh conditions that the RC community will throw at it. Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest bearing life possible. High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with a high-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions. Proprietary winding techniques allow Castle to produce a stator assembly that is the lowest possible resistance, resulting in a cooler running motor. A cooler motor has a longer lifetime. Construction required careful component selection; each verified through internal testing to ensure the highest efficiency possible. In the end, the result is a motor with unmatched quality, performance, and reliability.
Castle engineers always add a little something extra in their designs that takes your performance to the next level. When paired with a Castle Creations sensor supported ESC, like the MAMBA MICRO X, MAMBA MAX PRO or MAMBA MONSTER X, you can unlock advanced tuning capabilities that Castle Link provides specifically for sensored motors. With a Castle sensored ESC and sensored motor you will have the ULTIMATE POWER PLANT for your vehicle.
SMARTSENSE uses the motors sensors to start the motor to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA- EFFICIENT sensorless mode. When running, a motor must transition between different load points and a different timing advance is required for optimal efficiency at all load points. Using mechanical timing adjustments alone, you can only target one driving condition, such as higher start power or higher top end speed. This sacrifices performance and efficiency during the other driving phases. Electronic timing in SMARTSENSE will advance timing automatically for peak performance during all driving conditions. This allows users to combine the best of both worlds in an unrivaled HYBRID between smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless drive.
- 4-POLE 12-SLOT design boasts exceptional EFFICIENCY and produces LESS HEAT
- Oversized gold plated solder tabs for LESS RESISTANCE and easy soldering
- QUIETSENSE™ Technology shields magnetic field noise generated from the motor coils and keeps motor and ESC in sync at all times
- HIGHER PRECISION and MORE EFFICIENT startups
- OPTIMIZED design eliminates the need for mechanical timing adjustments
- Sensor alignment method delivers uniform timing and torque in both directions, automatically
- REBUILDABLE design allows users to replace front end bell with bearings or rotors with shaft
- ROAR standard sensor port and labeled connections
- High strength 180°C neodymium sintered magnets
- High quality, temperature-stabilized sensors
- High-purity, high-temperature copper windings
- Hardened stainless steel shaft
- 13 AWG high strand wire with silicone insulation
- Kevlar wrapped rotor
- 6061-T6 Billet aluminum heatsink can
- High RPM NMB oversized bearings
- High quality 0.2mm steel laminations
- Low resistance gold plated bullet connectors
Input Voltage Range: 2-3S LiPo
Max. RPM: 100,000
Weight (w/wires): 239g / 8.4oz
Shaft Length: 21mm
Shaft Diameter: 0.197" (5mm)
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
Cooling Fan: Optional - not included
Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale 2WD and 4WD SCT up to 6.5lb (2S) as well as 1:10 scale buggies and stadium trucks up to 4lbs (2S-3S).
Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Max Pro, Mamba X, Monster X