The motor is also a good choice for more aggressive high voltage setups in lighter 1:10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies weighing up to 5lbs.
The Castle Creations Mamba X is extremely versatile, and capable of powering a wide variety of applications and vehicles.* The Mamba X is ideal for racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your monster truck, or navigating a hardcore trail with your crawler.
The Castle "Slate" 1406 Sensored 4-Pole Brushless Crawler Motors are ROCK READY! With super smooth startup and low RPM control, Castle has you covered if you are looking for the ultimate motor for the trails or Ultra 4 track day.
*In 1/8th scale setups, the Mamba X is intended to be used for off-road racing in buggies weighing up to 9 lbs (including batteries and ready-to-run). In these 1/8th scale racing setups, the Mamba X should be run at 4S Lipo (16.8V) max and is recommended to be paired with the Castle 1512-1800Kv (P/N: 060-0062-00) or Castle 1512-2650Kv (P/N: 060-0061-00) motor, with appropriate gearing only.
- Wide 2S to 6S input voltage range
- Sensored Motor Support (Castle X-Series Sensor Harness Included)
- 8A Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Rugged CNC Aluminum Case
- Castle Link Programming Support
- Integrated Capacitors
- Removable 30mm Cooling Fan
- Integrated 4mm Bullet Connectors
- 12 AWG Power Wires
- Waterproof Switch
- Audible Alerts
- The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas
- Backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled "make-it-right" customer support
- Input Voltage Range: 2S LiPo (7.4V) to 6S LiPo (25.2V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Size (LxWxH): 2.14x1.39x1.18" (54.4x35.2x30.0mm)
- Weight (with wires): 3.56 oz. (101g)
- Connectors: 4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg
- Recommended Motors: Castle 1406, 1410 and 1415 Sensored motors
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 9bs/4kg, with batteries, ready-to-run
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Input Voltage Range: 3S-4S LiPo
- Kv: 1900
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Can Length: 49.5mm
- Can Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires): 197 g / 6.9oz
- Shaft Size: Length: 15mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm) (Optional 5mm rotor replacement available)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional - Coming Soon
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale low speed rock crawlers/trail runners on 3S-4S weighing less than 8lbs. Can also be used in more aggressive setups in lighter 1:10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies weighing up to 5lbs.
- Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Max Pro, Mamba X, Mamba Micro X
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 8lbs when used for low speed/moderate driving style like rock crawling and trail running; 5lbs for more racing and aggressive driving styles.
- Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless with Castle sensored capable ESCs.