The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S 2 1.1m makes learning to fly an RC (radio controlled) airplane more fun and easier than ever before! It's the perfect trainer because it's very durable and is equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. It also features Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes so you can choose the level of stability and control you need at the flip of a switch. The "pusher" power configuration and EPO construction make it more durable than other similar class models. Tricycle landing gear with oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel makes it easy to take off from and land on a wide variety of surfaces from pavement to grass – or you can install the optional floats (sold separately) to fly from ponds and lakes!
- The most durable and perfect trainer for first-time pilots and experienced pilots who teach others to fly
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Includes almost everything needed to fly except for a compatible LiPo battery and charger (sold separately)
- Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Use a 3S 1300mAh battery for great performance overall, or a 3S 2200mAh battery for more flight time
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system including a Spektrum Avian Smart Lite telemetry-capable 30A ESC
- "Pusher" power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
- 4-channel control with four factory-installed servos for training to full aerobatic capability
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Oversized tires and steerable nose wheel for easy takeoffs and landings on grass and other surfaces
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- More durable metal-geared rudder and nose steering servo
- Quick and easy assembly—no glue or special tools required
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Optional floats available for flying from water (sold separately)
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® simulator (sold separately)
LEARN TO FLY SUCCESSFULLY
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S 2 1.1m is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button! Its unique "pusher" power configuration offers improved safety along with better propeller and motor protection, and it's built with advanced EPO material that makes it extremely durable. Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, soccer and other suitable flying fields. Or install the optional floats (sold separately) to fly from water!
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version includes everything needed to fly in one box except for a battery and charger. This allows you to choose a convenient and money-saving Spektrum™ Powerstage bundle or the separate battery and charger you prefer! Plus the included Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz transmitter can be used with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) and BNF Basic aircraft after you learn to fly the AeroScout S 2 successfully! A Bind-N-Fly (BNF) Basic version is also available for experienced pilots who want to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. And for both versions, the powerful and efficient brushless power system including a telemetry-capable ESC, receiver and servos, are all factory-installed in the durable EPO airframe that assembles quickly and easily without the need for glue or special tools.
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! In the Experienced Mode, the AeroScout S 2 is capable of performing aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, inverted (upside down) flight and more. You can even use the same DXS transmitter that's included with the RTF Basic version, along with the same battery and charger you use for the AeroScout, to fly a variety of BNF Basic version "Next Step" aircraft including the E-flite® T-28 Trojan 1.1m, the Valiant 1.3m and others!
You can also purchase the RealFlight Trainer Edition RC Flight Simulator and a Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Simulator Dongle (both sold separately) to fly this and other models using the transmitter included with the RTF Basic version! The simulator features many of the most popular Horizon Hobby trainer aircraft and built-in Virtual Flight Instructor lessons. This helps new pilots learn to fly successfully by practicing on a PC at home or on a laptop just about anywhere else!
- Approximate Assembly Time
- Less than 1 Hour
- Sold Separately
- Sold Separately
- Completion Level
- Ready-To-Fly Basic
- Connector Type
- LiPo Compatibility
- Motor Size
- Motor Type
- Power Type
- Product Length
- 34.25" (870 mm)
- Product Weight
- 22.5oz (639g) without Battery
- Recommended Motor Battery
- 3S 11.1V 1300–2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
- Skill Level
- Level 1
- Speed Control
- Smart, AS3X and SAFE
- 43.11" (1095 mm)