For nearly two decades, multiple versions of the Apprentice® have been the go-to “traditional” trainer of choice for many first-time RC pilots. The HobbyZone® Apprentice STOL S 700mm has been scaled down from the incredibly popular Apprentice 1.5m and 1.2m models, yet has also been optimized to offer STOL capabilities similar to the best-selling E-flite® Timber® series models. Plus, it’s “ultra-micro” sized to be more affordable and convenient for more people to fly in more places and smaller spaces – from yards and parks to sports fields and beyond! The Apprentice STOL S 700mm is equipped with Horizon Hobby's exclusive and innovative SAFE® technology that makes it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully. Beneath its durable exterior, there’s an efficient brushless motor along with a factory-installed ESC, receiver and servos. The RTF version also comes with everything else needed to fly in the box including a Spektrum battery, charger, and an SLT6 controller/transmitter equipped with a USB-C port for direct connection to a PC for easy plug-and-play use of the included trial version of the RealFlight Trainer Edition RC flight simulator!
- Scaled down from one of the best platforms ever designed for learning to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes—the Apprentice 1.5m—to fly in more places and smaller spaces
- The most capable, durable, and easiest-to-fly ultra-micro trainer for first-time pilots & experienced pilots who teach others to fly
- 100% complete and nearly ready to fly right out of the box – there’s nothing extra you need to buy
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode activates at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Includes a 6-channel Spektrum™ controller/transmitter with SLT 2.4GHz technology
- Dual-protocol Spektrum DSMX and SLT compatible receiver
- 4-channel control for training to full aerobatic flight capability
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- 2S 300mAh LiPo battery and USB-C charger for long flight times and convenient recharging
- Powerful and efficient brushless motor for easy operation and excellent performance even in winds up to 5 mph
- Steerable tailwheel plus oversized tires for the ability to taxi, take off and land on a variety of surfaces
- Designed to offer STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) capabilities on most typical grass and other surfaces
- Quick and easy to install/remove/replace wing secured with convenient thumbscrews
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Ultra-micro sized to fly in large yards, parks, at sports fields and beyond
- No FAA registration required (under the 250-gram weight limit)
- Includes a trial version of the RealFlight® Trainer Edition RC flight simulator
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone Apprentice STOL S 700mm has been scaled down from some of the most popular trainer aircraft ever designed to make learning to fly radio-controlled (RC) airplanes easy and fun! Its ultra-micro size makes it the perfect choice for a smaller trainer model that can be flown in large yards, parks, soccer fields, football fields and other suitable spaces where larger models can’t typically be flown successfully by first-time pilots. Featuring a more “traditional” trainer design, it’s also been optimized to offer STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) capabilities like the iconic E-flite® Timber® series models. The brushless power system is compatible with common and affordable 2S 300mAh batteries, and also gives it the power to fly in wind that other ultra-micro and mini-class trainer models can’t typically handle (up to 5 mph). That power, combined with the taildragger landing gear and oversized tires, gives it the ability to take off almost immediately from paved, dirt, gravel, and even the grass surfaces found at many parks and sports fields. The advanced EPO construction is lightweight yet incredibly durable, and the removable wing makes transport, storage, and replacement as convenient as possible. Full 4-channel control plus SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology with Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes makes it easy to learn to fly successfully and to advance into performing aerobatics including loops, rolls, and even inverted (upside down) flight at the flip of a switch!
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes everything needed to fly in one box and is a perfect choice if you're a new RC pilot. From the Spektrum SLT6 2.4GHz controller/transmitter you can use with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) Basic aircraft compatible with SLT FHSS technology (future availability) after you learn to fly, to the 2S 300mAh rechargeable LiPo (Lithium Polymer) battery and a convenient USB-C charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources, there's nothing extra you need to buy! A BNF Basic version is also available for experienced pilots who want to use their favorite Spektrum transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own. And for both versions, the powerful and efficient brushless motor, ESC, dual-protocol (DSMX/DSM2 and SLT FHSS) receiver, and servos are all factory-installed in the durable EPO airframe that’s nearly ready to fly right out of the box. Simply install the wing using the included thumbscrews and you can be flying in minutes – no glue or tools are required!
The RTF version also includes a Steam® key to download and activate a trial version of the RealFlight® Trainer Edition RC flight simulator. The simulator features many of the most popular Horizon Hobby trainer airplanes and helicopters, including the Apprentice STOL S 700mm, and built-in Virtual Flight Instructor lessons. This helps new pilots learn to fly successfully by practicing on a desktop PC at home or on a laptop just about anywhere else! Simply use a USB-C cable (not included) to connect the included SLT6 controller/transmitter to a compatible USB port on your computer to fly for up to 100 minutes. Then you can purchase RealFlight Trainer Edition or Evolution to fly any time and for as long as you’d like!