This is an optional red RPM Gear Cover. The most recent electric versions of the Rustler, Stampede, Bandit and Slash 2wd have several new features that caused interference issues with the original RPM molded gear cover for the Stampede & Rustler. RPM expanded the area of the gear cover over the motor shaft to compensate for the longer motor shaft of the XL-5 & VXL motors. They also narrowed two areas along the perimeter of the gear cover to allow clearance for the rear bumper / wheelie bar mount as well. These changes allow this gear cover to fit all versions of these awesome vehicles.
Not only do they look great, they will protect those expensive gears like nothing else available! RPM‘s gear cover will pay for itself the very first time you run through the dirt and nothing enters your gear case. No more blown gears from rocks and debris! RPM Gear Covers for the electric versions of the Traxxas Stampede 2wd, Rustler, Bandit and Slash 2wd are sold in a variety of colors and carry RPM's limited lifetime warranty against failure due to materials or workmanship issues.
NOTE: Not recommended for spur gears larger than the stock 87 teeth.
- An oversized access hole and soft plug for easy access to the slipper clutch nut while still maintaining an unmatched seal of the gear mesh area. The plug stays in place yet is easy to remove and install.
- Completely sealed. Stock gear covers have a large, open gap between the spur gear and the out-drive that allows gear destroying dirt to enter.
- Sleek contours look great on any vehicle.
- More clearance for larger pinions for owners hungry for speed.
- Retains all stock geometry for easy bolt up; no cutting or gluing required.